In today’s marketplace there are variety of housing and care types from which to choose from including independent living, assisted living, memory care and skilled nursing care. We can help assess you or your loved one for the most appropriate environment based on your needs. While there are many different types of senior living options available, here is a very brief description of the most common. At our community Claremont Place Senior Living, we specialize in serving residents who seek Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care.
- Independent Living Communities offer private dwellings for active older adults. Dining facilities, housekeeping services, transportation, and 24-hour staffing may be offered on site, as well as medical, dietary and other assistance when needed.
- Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRC) offer many levels of options under “one roof” providing a continuum of care. It is different from other housing and care options for seniors because it usually provides a written agreement or long-term contract between the resident and the community, for housing, and services.
- Assisted Living Residences provide a combination of housing, personalized support services and health care designed to meet the individual needs of seniors who require help with daily activities.
- Nursing homes or Skilled Nursing Facilities provide 24-hour skilled nursing care for residents who require a high degree of assistance and medical care. They provide care for chronic conditions, short-term convalescent or rehabilitative care.
- Memory Care Communities have specially trained staff, licensed nurses, secure facilities, and cognitive and physical therapies for person-centered care designed for residents with Alzheimer’s and other related dementia illnesses.
We are happy to help you learn more about the many different senior living option available and to assist you in finding the best solutions for you or loved one.