By Tricia Elliker, Community Marketing Director at Claremont Place Senior Living.
If you are a caregiver, consider making some special caregiver resolutions this New Year. Go beyond the pledge to loose weight, work out or give up that favorite no-no and think about resolutions that promote your health and wellbeing in a positive way. The New Year is a good time for you, the caregiver, to step forward and take a Caregiver Pledge for yourself that looks to the positive in everyday life.
Here are 5 pledges to set you on the path for a happy and healthy 2015:
- I will respect myself and ask that others respect me
- I will take care of my physical self, getting enough rest, eating well and living a healthy lifestyle
- I will take care of my mental self, fulfilling my spiritual needs and seeking friends and family to share my thoughts and ideas
- I will seek professional help when needed, and not view this as a failure
- I will find love and laughter each day