Now that Thanksgiving is over, it’s time to turn our minds to decking the halls and enjoying all that winter brings us. Of course, we all know there will be some things that look a little different this year. At our communities, associates are dedicated to ensuring that our residents have the tools they need to embrace both familiar and new holiday traditions, and have the best holiday season possible.
One thing you can do to make sure your loved one is able to get into the holiday spirit is to help them decorate their apartment! Here are a few ways your loved one can spruce up their space to add some festive cheer:
- Set up a small artificial tree. These mini-evergreens are sure to bring big smiles to the faces of residents – especially if they’re adorned with ornaments and mementos from their past.
- Hang up a few stockings – on the mantle, if you have one, or even just on the counter! We don’t want Santa to be left without a place to put smaller presents for your loved one when he passes through.
- Utilize the window space to hang a wreath, drape some glowing LED lights or stick on some holiday-themed removable decals!
- Decorate doorways with garland, or even mistletoe!
- Send supplies for your loved one to make a new ornament for their tree. They’ll love a thoughtful gift like that, and have an opportunity to engage in a creative outlet.
- Swap out the knick-knacks that typically lie on your dresser, counter or even your table for festive options. Create a Christmas-themed town, set out Santa and his reindeer, or replace them with holiday photos of loved ones!
It’s so important to find new ways to lift our spirits during the holidays this year. And what better way to do that than to transform your loved one’s living space into a festive holiday area? Their room can become a warm, cozy and inviting living space throughout the season with just a few easy changes.