September is Healthy Aging® Month and a terrific reminder that maintaining an active, healthy lifestyle is important to our quality of life as we age. At ISL, one of our main priorities is making sure our residents are living an active lifestyle because we know keeping the calendar filled with engaging activities can keep everyone feeling and looking great!
If you aren’t practicing good, healthy habits, this month is the perfect time to start! It’s never too late to make positive changes.
Healthy Aging® lists some tips that can help you and your loved ones live a healthier life – both physically and mentally. Here are five to help you get started:
- Don’t act your age, or at least what you think your current age should act like.
- Be positive in your conversations and your actions every day.
- How’s your smile? Research shows people who smile more often are happier!
- Start walking, not only for your health, but also to see neighbors and friends. Walking can be a social activity, not just exercise!
- Make this month the time to set up your annual physical and other health screenings if you haven’t already.
Following these simple tips can make improvements in your overall health. Plus, they can be fun!
If you would like to see firsthand what our ISL communities are all about, we’d love to show you around! Please visit our Communities page to find the community closest to you.
We look forward to meeting you and helping everyone live a healthy, active lifestyle!