By Judith Jones, Claremont Place
As we all know, Valentine’s Day conjures up thoughts of romance and love. We appreciate the extra attention we get on February 14th, , often evoking the warm feelings felt when we first fell in love. But for seniors, Valentine’s Day can be a day of mixed feelings.
For many of our residents, the love of their lives have passed away, leaving them with wonderful memories of days gone by but also a feeling of sadness. Valentine’s Day can bring some added weight to their sorrow. Finding a special way to show them some extra love on Valentine’s Day can make a big difference.
- Here are some ways you can fill a senior’s Valentine’s Day with some extra love:
- Flowers warm the heart and soul, have some delivered
- You are never to old for chocolate- share some on Valentine’s Day
- A good old fashioned Valentine Card says a lot, don’t forget to send one
- Take an old photograph of the couple and frame it up
- Offer your time and spend the day, or at least part of the with your senior
These are just some ideas that let the senior in your life know that you are thinking of them.