We’re so excited to put together Halloween-themed activities that will allow our residents to
get together in a safe way and give everyone a chance to enjoy some spooky fun this October.
Although this holiday will look different from how it has in the past, it is important to keep
Our Vibrant Life® team is dedicated to making sure all residents enjoy engaging and fun
activities. This is always a priority, but the pandemic has given us the opportunity to be even
more creative when planning activities.
We’ve put together a list of activities, decorations and recipes that you can do at home, while
your loved one completes these activities in their community. Be sure to Zoom or FaceTime
your loved ones, so you can show off all the fun!
- Decorate pumpkins. Carving is not the only way to create fun designs. We recommend
buying paint or Sharpies to help you give your pumpkins that spooky feeling.
- Make sweet potato jack-o’-lanterns. A lot of the foods made or bought around
Halloween can be unhealthy and full of sugar. Put together these sweet potato
pumpkins for a healthy and easy snack!
- Host Halloween charades. Write down some Halloween-related nouns (ex. a spider,
bobbing for apples, a witch) and have each person act one out.
- Have a costume or door-decorating contest. Have everyone vote on the best Halloween
costume or apartment door – in some of our senior living communities, we will also go
socially distanced trick-or-treating around the building!
- Make “Shrunken Heads in Cider.” Use this recipe from Martha Stewart to create a
spooky punch for your family and loved ones!
- Create spiral ghosts. Cut white paper into a spiral to imitate a ghostly silhouette, then
draw on eyes with a black Sharpie and hang them up to decorate your space!
“When black cats prowl and pumpkins gleam, may luck be yours on Halloween.” – Unknown